1) The band is a critical part of your watch. It's important to clean it occasionally based on your activities. Replace it if excessively worn.
2) We offer a wide array of replacement bands in various materials and colors best suited for your activity at hand.
TO CLEAN NYLON, COTTON, RUBBER, TRIDURA™ BANDS:
1) Immediately rinse with fresh water and air dry after exposure to salt water, chlorinated water, soil loads or chemicals.
2) Wash with warm water and mild hand dish detergent, brush gently with soft brush (old toothbrush) and rinse thoroughly with fresh water, allow to dry completely before use.
3) If nylon or cotton band develops loose threads, fuzz, or frays, carefully singe them with a lighter or match for a second, then rinse with water. Do not do this for rubber or Tridura™ bands.
TO CLEAN & CONDITION LEATHER:
1) Immediately rinse with fresh water and air dry after exposure to salt water, chlorinated water, soil loads or chemicals. Clean with a soft, damp cloth, allow to dry completely away from heat.
2) Twice a year, apply a light coating of leather conditioner... like Horween® Leather Conditioner or similar. Specifically formulated by Horween®, this mild blend conditioner is great for use on Bertucci® Horween® leather bands and all other leather bands we offer. The Leather Conditioner will re-nourish and protect the leather, extending the life of the watchband.
3) Buff to sheen with a soft towel.
TO CLEAN AND CONDITION HORWEEN® SHELL CORDOVAN LEATHER:
1) Clean with a soft, damp cloth, allow to dry completely away from heat.
2) Buff to sheen with soft towel.
3) Once a year, apply a light coating of leather conditioner... like Venetian Shoe Cream or similar.
4) Allow to sit at least 10 minutes.
5) Buff to sheen with soft towel.
Please note: Your band may show some white residue... when new or years later. This is a good thing as it’s natural oils and waxes migrating to the leather surface. Simply buff this off with a soft towel.
PROPER INSTALLATION OF ALL BERTUCCI® LEATHER BANDS:
1) To avoid scratching the leather band when installing... slide folded paper, about 5” long by 1/2” wide over case and through band lug bar openings. See video.
2) Feed leather band tip from 12 position opening, over paper, and through 6 position opening. Slide until 6 position lug bar is 1” to 2” from band hole. The paper prevents the watch case from scratching the top surface of the leather band.
3) Adjust band sliding slightly for that Active Comfort fit™.